Monday 28 April 2014






Working in television and films

I am fortunate to have had an ongoing popular serial each time one of my three films have released. There’s some satisfaction in working in different mediums. But what I worry about is the high expectations from fans. Television gives you instant fame, but then the audience thinks of you as the character itself. I want to ask them to look at television stars as artistes and not as the characters they play. It feels good that people give us so much love, but don’t compare one character we play with another. Try and respect the artiste essaying that role. 
Upcoming projects
I am playing the younger Mandatai in the film Dr Prakash Baba Amte. It was quite challenging to play the role of a real life person and I think our director Samruddhi Porey’s work should really be appreciated. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!